- All entries must be submitted digitally.
- If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each film.
- All genre films will be accepted.
- The film production may be from the last 5 years.
- All films must be under 60 minutes.
- Submissions in languages other than Chinese must be subtitled in English.
- Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category or different categories.
- We will not screen your work online.
- Only online submission will be accepted through film festival platforms.
- All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
- After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival website, under official selections.
- The official language of the Festival is English.
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Bucharest Short Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time, for any reason. Bucharest Short Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- Films can not be withdrawn from the festival program after being selected.
- Each participant is responsible for the content of his/her work and for any possible copyright problems. The participant owns all rights concerning the usage of his/her work according to the regulations. The Festival Committee has no responsibility to third parties. The Festival Committee has the right to reject films, if the content or technical quality does not correspond to the Festival conditions.
The candidates must respect the following rules:
- Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees.
- The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- Any Film, selected or not selected, will be a decision of selection panel which is final and accepted by all.
- The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.
- By Submitting the film, you agree to our GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN Bucharest Short Film Festival and that you have read our Rules and Regulations.
- The sender of the submitted film is responsible for all copyrights. He is legally authorized to enter his film in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorized to give screening permission.
- Filmmaker agrees that film entered into the festival may be selected for screening at the Festival, and that fragments of the film might be also presented through mass media, in association with the promotional campaigns of the Festival.
- The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and the exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
- If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that an exhibition quality digital screening file must be made available for screening by the Date of Event.
- The film, including all copyrights, remains the property of the author.
- If screenings or information are inaccurate or flawed, the organizer is only liable in case of gross negligence.
- The applicant has to read and accept the regulations and guidelines for participation.